Starbound Vore Mod Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only Vore RP Tool V2 showing up; can't seem to find V1

2 posters

Go down

Only Vore RP Tool V2 showing up; can't seem to find V1 Empty Only Vore RP Tool V2 showing up; can't seem to find V1

Post by xirtamehtsitahw Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:17 am

Title says it all: why do I only ever get references to V2? All I see when I enable the tech is "Vore RP Tool". There is no "V1" or "V2" mentioned in the name of the tool itself, and it only ever references "V2", and being a predator, rather than any way to be "eaten" (that is, become invisible; gain control over the NPC who "ate" you). I was hoping to use this to play as a "Goodra" by proxy.

Also: can your proxy character use weapons, teleport, go on quests, etc.?

EDIT: after reading through the various lua files, I found out that the various NPCs included in this mod all have costume parts, which are not normally accessible (unless you actually befriend the NPCs in question). With the author's permission, I might consider composing a comprehensive costume ID list for those wishing to cosplay as the various NPCs, and not have to go through the whole process of setting up the Vore RP Tool (for which V1 still seems to be missing for me for some reason).

One tip: due to the fact that the NPCs' costumes don't always line up well with whomever you're playing (Goodra's a particularly notorious example), use the "Invisibody" mod available on the Steam Workshop. It'll add a headwear item that hides your character's entire body (by making it invisible). This way, your original player character won't overlap or "stick out" of your cosplay.

xirtamehtsitahw

Back to top Go down

Only Vore RP Tool V2 showing up; can't seem to find V1 Empty Re: Only Vore RP Tool V2 showing up; can't seem to find V1

Post by K_H Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am

There's actually something on Sheights' tumblr about the matter concerning the VT 1.0 and 2.0. It's buried under a bit, so you'll have to do a bit of scrolling, but a TL;DR is as follows:

Sh*t happened, the V1 was rendered obsolete, and the V2 is the only relevant version of the Tech now.

K_H

Back to top Go down