Starbound Vore Mod Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies

5 posters

Go down

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies Empty (Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies

Post by LizardButts Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Old Post:

I wasn't sure if my previous post was in the right section so I'm just gonna... scoot it on over here. My bad! I figure this board is a bit more appropriate for what I'm doing anyways: which is creating sprites and content.

Speaking of that: I went ahead and made a fully-animated and functional piece of gear to shove on your legs! Have some GIFS:
(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies Bcec5fa5df  (Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies C1cce4bca1  (Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies B2b036dc8f
Running from the Space Police for Vore Crimes

Here's a preview of the scaled/scute variant I'm working on.
(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies D1d477755d
(Ignore the misplaced head; I goof'd)

I hope you folks like them! I'll probably continue to post progress pics and gifs as I go.
LizardButts
LizardButts

Back to top Go down

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies Empty Re: (Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies

Post by DireBug Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm

The way you animated the bellies is super cute! Good lizards you have here.

As for your earlier questions, I can't say much about the actual logistics of it, but while I don't think that anybody's made Argonians for StarBound, I feel like they could be modded in like any other custom race. And the custom belly clothing, technically most of the pred tenants have an alternate "full" clothing sprite that you can spawn in or earn from them, but not all of them fit vanilla sprites very well. I think it's been mentioned in the past that there's no official player belly armor, and that most people just use the NPC pred ones that fit better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can't really help you with how to add this stuff in but that's my understanding of where the mod's at.
DireBug
DireBug

Back to top Go down

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies Empty Re: (Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies

Post by LizardButts Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks! I spent like all of the other night trying to make it sway and wobble nicely.

Also, I just copy-pasted and edited another pants file and it was good to go for the most part! The only bump in the road was making it dyeable, which requires manually entering hex codes for colours and their replacements in the code...

Here's an in-game pic of it-- it's basically finished and could be added but I want to complete the couple other things I'm making first.

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies 01ffe7ea8f

Also, I messed around with some programming stuff using StarCheat to get these colours on both my character and the belly. Turns out you can just tell the game to replace x with y colours on dyeable clothes and body parts, which is really nice for making things look perfect.
LizardButts
LizardButts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleeps-Fox Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:09 pm

DireBug wrote:technically most of the pred tenants have an alternate "full" clothing sprite that you can spawn in or earn from them, but not all of them fit vanilla sprites very well. I think it's been mentioned in the past that there's no official player belly armor, and that most people just use the NPC pred ones that fit better.
the alternate "full" belly that some preds have is because they are a multi-vore pred, meaning they can "eat" 2 or more npcs/players, an example would be the wolf and fox preds which can eat 2 prey targets, while the green dragon and goodra can eat up to 3, as for the "armor", technically one could give armor stats to the outfits but for them to act the same way as with the npc's, in that when eating something it automatically changes to having a full belly, is... unknown if possible or not.

LizardButts wrote:Thanks! I spent like all of the other night trying to make it sway and wobble nicely.

Also, I just copy-pasted and edited another pants file and it was good to go for the most part! The only bump in the road was making it dyeable, which requires manually entering hex codes for colours and their replacements in the code...

Here's an in-game pic of it-- it's basically finished and could be added but I want to complete the couple other things I'm making first.

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies 01ffe7ea8f

Also, I messed around with some programming stuff using StarCheat to get these colours on both my character and the belly. Turns out you can just tell the game to replace x with y colours on dyeable clothes and body parts, which is really nice for making things look perfect.
there's an ingame parameter you can use when spawning things in to change the colors too, that or you could just spawn in a dye and see how that turns out, not sure on the specifics of said parameter use, my 'mentor' knows more, but it also works on npc's with anything you can change the color such, quite alot of things you can do via ingame commands if you take the time to... well... write it... dunno if it would be any easier or flexible then using starcheat.

but nice work on the sprites too, i feel like this would also fit the kazdra really well too due to the similarity between them being dragons and the argonians being lizards.
Sleeps-Fox
Sleeps-Fox

Location : *Investigating Possible issues with PredPack add-on*

Back to top Go down

Post by LizardButts Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:28 am

Took an in-game recording. Pardon the jank, my recording software isn't kind with colour counts.

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies A6dd100b59

Additionally, here's a screenshot of my colour-editing escapades for clothes. Heavily recoloured Trainee Shirt and Toucan Loincloth!

(Moved) Argonians + Generic Bellies 2a846f4451
LizardButts
LizardButts

Back to top Go down

Post by StuNuki Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

This is fantastic work.

StuNuki

Back to top Go down

Post by LizardButts Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 am

Wow, it's been... nearly a year now. Excuse my absence, I was pulled away by a really stressful fourth year BA program and this kind of fell to the wayside. Thanks again for the praise, y'all, ahahaha

I don't know if this mod's still kicking or what, but if things get rolling again I wouldn't mind working on this more as a proper inclusion if Sheights is cool with it. I had some variants planned that I'd like to get back to, such as scutes (belly scales), one with some fluffs & a belly button.
LizardButts
LizardButts

Back to top Go down

Post by shinyarceus4 Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 am

First of all, nice work; secondly, AFAICT mod progress is still basically halted, but at the very least Sheights isn't completely dead - would definitely still be worth talking to them about it.

shinyarceus4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum