Client can't sense the mod for some reason

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Client can't sense the mod for some reason

Post by SirEnder on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello!
I've been told to write here if my problem persists, so, here i am. My Starbound client seems unable to sense the mod file, even if using mod director tool. This issue is present ever since the latest game update.

SirEnder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Client can't sense the mod for some reason

Post by Nouvi on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Well, checking on things manually can clear things up, lets see here.
First off, in the game's title screen, there's the small cog in the bottom right, click that and see if you find Starbound Simple Vore Mod in the list at all. If it's there then you just gotta head to the 2-stop teleshop in the outpost to get to the Food Hall, as you hopefully know.

Otherwise there's a few things you can do:
Head into the Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/ folder and make sure the content is not zipped and only one layer down. (ex: mods/ssvm/*lotsofstuff*)
Also make sure there's not multiple versions present in case your tool didn't fully delete old one or something like that.
If you installed over an older version, you will likely need to manually delete the folder(s) and reinstall the mod cleanly.

If it still can't detect the mod, then we can go further from there.

Nouvi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SirEnder on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 am

Nouvi wrote:
Head into the Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/ folder and make sure the content is not zipped and only one layer down. (ex: mods/ssvm/*lotsofstuff*)
Also make sure there's not multiple versions present in case your tool didn't fully delete old one or something like that.
If you installed over an older version, you will likely need to manually delete the folder(s) and reinstall the mod cleanly.

If it still can't detect the mod, then we can go further from there.

Thank you, but even making sure of those didn't help. It's strange because a friend of mine has no problem loading the mod on the same OS, with the same folder placement, and even though the mod doesn't appear on the cog list of his client neither, he has access to everything in the mod..

SirEnder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nouvi on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:57 pm

SirEnder wrote:
Thank you, but even making sure of those didn't help. It's strange because a friend of mine has no problem loading the mod on the same OS, with the same folder placement, and even though the mod doesn't appear on the cog list of his client neither, he has access to everything in the mod..

That's... odd? From what I understand the mod *has* to show up in the cog's mod list if it's accessible ingame. I mean, that list shows what mods and content the game found and actually loaded...

Anyway, perhaps you should copy the logs, that may have something in it. (starbound/storage/starbound.log, open in text editor, copy text, paste in a spoiler here)

And just double checking, you did install mod to starbound/mods right, *not* starbound/giraffe_storage/mods? And you went to the 2-stop teleshop to see if teleporter there could access Food Hall?

Nouvi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleeps-Fox on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:27 am

i don't know why you would use a "mod director tool" if such things even really exist... pointless and useless things to be using...

to help, explain, i'll provide images as well as text highlights to make it easier to follow.
Grey= SideNote, Blue= Important Highlight, Green= Correct/Good, Red=wrong/Bad, Bold Text= Very Important Thing

first of all as Mentioned by Nouvi, check the mod files directory location, it should be placed here as a folder: Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/ and no where else, the mod folder/files its self may not be located inside a folder or rar file, example: (Directory issue highlighted in bold text)
Correct way: Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1/
Wrong Way: Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods/SSVM/StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1/
examples of how it should be provided below

check to make sure your directory's location is correct, after doing so launch starbound, wait for it to reach the menu then find and open your Log file, you can find it at Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.txt if your unsure of which file, look at the image provided below

when looking at your log you should have something similar to this at the very top, dont mind the few parts iv cut from sight in mine.
Code:
[Info] Root: Preparing Root...
[Info] Root: Done preparing Root.
[Info] Client Version _____
[Info] Root: Scanning for asset sources in directory '..\assets\'
[Info] Root: Scanning for asset sources in directory '..\mods\'
[Warn] Root: Unrecognized file in asset directory '_____.rar', skipping
[Warn] Root: Unrecognized file in asset directory 'mods_go_here', skipping
[Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'base' at '..\assets\packed.pak'
[color=#006600][Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1' at '..\mods\StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1'[/color]
[Info] Root: Detected asset source named '_____' at '..\mods\_____'
[Info] Root: Detected asset source named '_____' at '..\mods\_____'
[Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\assets\user'
[Info] Loading assets from: '..\assets\packed.pak'
[color=#006600][Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1'[/color]
[Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\_____'
[Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\_____'
[Info] Loading assets from: '..\assets\user'
[Info] Assets digest is _____
[Info] Root: Loaded Assets in 6.02217 seconds
[Info] Application: Initializing SDL Video
[Info] Application: Initializing SDL Joystick
[Info] Application: Initializing SDL Sound
[Info] Initialized Steam services
[Info] Application: Creating SDL Window
[Info] Application: Enabling VSync with late swap tearing
[Info] Application: _____
[Info] OpenGL version: _____
[Info] Application: initialization...
[Info] Root: Loaded Configuration in 0.0181907 seconds
[Info] Application: renderer initialization...
[Info] detected supported OpenGL texture size 8192, using atlasNumCells 128
[Info] detected supported OpenGL texture size 8192, using atlasNumCells 64
[Info] Root: Loaded ImageMetadataDatabase in 6.33875e-06 seconds
[Info] Application: main update loop...

if starbound is loading the mod it will say the following two lines somewhere:
[Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1' at '..\mods\StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1'
[Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1'

if you have a .rar file or a file in a file, eg: mods/SSVM/StarboundSimpleVoreMod-8.6.1 it will say:
[Warn] Root: Unrecognized file in asset directory '[FILE NAME]', skipping

make sure it appears as being First, detected
[Info] Root: Detected asset source named:
and Second, loaded.
[Info] Loading assets from:

assuming all checks out first go and there is no problem's at all, while ingame, goto the "2 Shop Teleshop" at the outpost, if the food hall does not show in the travel list immediately, complete the Erchius Mine Story mission then go back, or use the following commands in the following order:
/admin
/warp instanceworld:foodhall
The games Chat should say the following "Lets do the time warp", give it some time to load and you will be force-teleported to the foodhall.

if problems persist and your unsure still, you can do the following copy and paste your log in a reply (the hole file) and someone can check it for you, or remove the mod, load up the game and your save, this may cause it to crash at first, but just reload your save a second time to resolve, quit then install mod again.
Sleeps-Fox

Location : *Investigating Possible issues with PredPack add-on*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SirEnder on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Alright, it seems to work now. Apparently i had to reinstall because the client for some reason chose a different folder to load in mods from. Thank you for your time and attention!

SirEnder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top