I suggested this some time ago but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I suggested this some time ago but...

Post by dragoneka on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:39 am

Well, in the long time that passed since suggesting it, starbound has come a LONG, LONG WAY and so has SSVM. I first suggested this stuff back in October 2015, but... well, for the sake of suggesting it and making it fresh on the minds, here is that suggestion I made.

The first idea I had wass because of the Echirius crystal boss. In it's lore, it mentions about absorbing those who got too close and turning them into mutants.... would it be possible to use this as a potential vore thing?

The second was seeing those poop monsters in the sewer areas so often. You could easily do a few waste-based tenants or creatures such as sukamon from digimon, muk/grimer from pokemon or just using one of those humanoid poop monsters as a potential tenant for a sewer based home. So many preds just dumping their waste, careful you don't become part of the waste or you might never leave your new sewer home!

The third idea (remembering there was one human sarcophagus in starbound already that mentions 'I think something is still alive in there') was to use the mummy pokemon (Cofagrigus? I can never remember how to spell it's name!) as a tenant or a living sarcophagus vore item. Good for keeping those pesky tomb raiders away or perhaps you just want to enjoy the company of the dead... forever!

The fourth was to go for a bit of a extension on the snakes. Having a lamia was cool, but having a pure snake with multiple stages to it's stomach or a hydra vore you would be cool too (I blame dragon's dogma! Arch-hydra, why are you so cute when you nom!?)

The fifth was to do with that plant vore. I noticed you have two dragon tenants so I figured why not mix the best of both worlds? I found the grass dragon from Summon Night 2 on the GBA and figured it may be a perfect mix of the worlds (eating you, making you become a seed, having you grow and then return to normal?). I even went out of my way to find the sprite sheet for this one should it help! https://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/19/20731.png

I have probably annoyed a -=lot=- of people with this, if I have, I'm sorry... but I really find those dragons gosh darn adorable (I want to be their baby draggy so much <3). I have been tempted to wonder what'd happen if they were a race and got costume effects from the tenants (becoming a slime dragon from the slime goods, becoming a mummy dragon from the cofagrigus, that sort of thing). I cannot pretend to even BEGIN to know how to work on making races myself or their armors/weapons etc, but if I did, I'd probably give it a try (scripts and stuff withholding, I am bad at scripting!)

dragoneka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I suggested this some time ago but...

Post by failbird105 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 am

most of these things would be doable, the exception being getting costume effects, I don't think that's possible, not without some amount of action on the players part(you'd have to put on the costume yourself or use a tech to change your appearance).

The grass dragon also couldn't become a tenant, at least not with the sprites provided anyway. It could be made into a SPO or a VSO(once those are completed), but as an SPO it couldn't leave behind the seed like you want.

The Erchius horror thing might be doable, but rather difficult. I don't know how possible it is(if at all) to have the vore effect be applied via contact damage, but it already has useable sprites for such things(if you look at it, you can see humanoid figures floating around in it, which disappear when it spawns a moontant).

The sarcophagus thing would definitely be doable, but the issue is A. showing that the player is inside(though I guess just having the door be open when empty would work for that), and B. it would have to either be temporary, or involve player action.

That being said, I might look into some of these.

failbird105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoneka on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 am

I realise the grass dragon couldn't become a tenant as it is, but I was providing the sprite sheet not only to show what it looked like, but also for if someone who knows how to do tenants was willing to make a tenant from it, using the sprite sheet as a example.

As for the costume effects, I did muse the idea of using a tech to apply them (because I'm aware there was a megaman x mod that allowed you to change your appearance and abilities via techs, so I know it's 100% doable, just you'd need the right tech for the right state... though don't ask me HOW they managed that because I don't know. Were it possible, I could imagine that the interaction would cause a trigger to turn on the tech so the player came out in the right state from a vore much like how the status effect call for goo/egg works).

I can imagine the erchius horror thing would've been difficult, but it was something that did show the right sort of effects early on, so that's why I suggested that.

I wasn't sure about the sarcophagus thing and how viable it was... that was generally me throwing things at the post wall and seeing what stuck. ^_^;

Good luck on working on these!

dragoneka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top